Job vacancy – Accountant
AKVO a non-profit foundation headquartered in the Netherlands. We help connect doers and donors to transform communities in some of the poorest parts of the world. The position will be based in the Nairobi, Kenya office.
JOB VACANCY: ACCOUNTANT.
Reporting to the CEO the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
• A degree in Bachelor of Accounting / Finance
• Accounting qualifications CPA, ACCA
• At least 3 years working experience in a similar
• Demonstrated working knowledge of well as QuickBooks is a must.
• Expert knowledge of accounting, auditing, financial and management reporting.
• An honest and discreet attitude when dealing with company accounts
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintenance of books of accounts, ledgers and preparation of final accounts.
• Preparation of monthly Trial Balances and Bank reconciliation.
• Preparation of the staff payroll and salary payments.
• Rendering monthly remittances of statutory deductions
• Responsible for submission of Income Tax Return
• Preparation of monthly financial accounts and
• Responsible for proper storage and custody of accounting documents.
• Ensuring prudent debtors, creditors, budget, payroll and cash management
• Assisting in budget preparation and implementation.
• Developing internal audit control systems.
• Bank reconciliation.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving details of day time telephone contact and email address. Applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Email subject should read ” The accountant”.
• Application deadline is 19th December 2012.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Position to be filled starting 1st February 2013.