Entrepreneurship Trainer Vacancy
The KCB Foundation recently launched its youth empowerment program dubbed 2Jiajiri, a program that seeks to empower budding entrepreneurs to scale and upscale their business ventures. To this end, Nailab has been tasked with carrying out the incubation process part of which training of the applicants is key to the projects success. Nailab is therefore seeking to recruit 3 competent and skilled trainers to prepare, deliver and assess training in a range of business and entrepreneurial skills in the fields listed and any other field deemed necessary from time to time:
- Accounting and finance
- Legal & intellectual property
- Sales and marketing
- Startup funding
- Business communication
- Social media marketing
- Human Resource management
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and deliver business and entrepreneurship courses in one or more of the designated training centers in the relevant business field.
2. Ensure that current business information and entrepreneurship practices are incorporated in the planning and delivery of the course
3. Utilize appropriate learning principles which encourage participation and success from a range of learners including: individuals with no prior experience in formal education; learners with low levels of literacy and English language.
4. Develop session plans and learning materials that reflect current business demands and skills, as well as the diverse learning styles and needs of the learners.
5. Actively seek feedback from the program participants to ensure a learner-centered approach and to maintain high quality standards and student satisfaction.
6. Participate and work cooperatively within a team environment.
7. Encourage attendance and ensure progress towards set learning outcomes.
8. Assess learners understanding and implementation of the learning material in the day today running of their businesses.
9. Develop monthly reports on progress made with the training sessions for all the learners
10. Analyzes and maintains awareness of trends within entrepreneurship and where appropriate, making changes (or as appropriate, recommending changes to the incubator) in the nature of the services and facilities offered to the learners
Ability to effectively facilitate learning for entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds
Needs to be approachable and sensitive to the needs of the entrepreneurs.
Commitment to high quality of training
Flexibility and versatility to meet the demands of the role.
Innovative and creative
Qualifications and experience
1. Current technical skills and knowledge relevant to entrepreneurship and business startups.
2. At least 3 years of entrepreneurial or training experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills are must;
4. Well-developed presentation and communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to facilitate and encourage learning to diverse groups using diverse methods.
6. Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation.
7. Formal certification or qualification (mandatory) and/or training certification (desirable).
8. Clear track record of practical entrepreneurship training with industry relevant practice and outcomes
Applicants are required to send their one page cover letter and CVs to email@example.com. The cover letter should clearly address the field of interest that you are competent to plan and deliver training in. We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.The application deadline 11th April 2016, 5pm.
Due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.