WANTED: Project Manager at Nailab, the Start-up Accelerator
Project Manager Job Summary
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to determined timelines and ensuring quality control throughout project period. The nature of these projects may be ICT and entrepreneurship-acceleration based or other fields that are relevant to the Nailab’s work. The Project Manager will be managing several projects at the same time working with diversity of actors (External and Internal); Project partners; Project staff; Project participants (designated participants with projects in incubation phase) and other internal managers handling the portfolio of finance, communication, operations and incubation.
Nailab is one of the pioneer Technology incubators in Kenya and its mission is to stimulate the establishment and growth of technology-based start-up companies and other compatible businesses.
Responsibilities and Tasks
– Create detailed project implementation plans, schedules and all project documents as required by different projects.
– Support the project lead in designated aspects of project delivery.
– Manage risks and contingencies during project period.
– Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including management in the organization on the progress of the project.
– Work closely with the Incubation Manager, Product Development Manager and other managers to ensure implementation of projects.
– Work closely with the Communication Manager in making sure that the projects receive required publicity as well as generating content relevant for reporting to the general public.
– Perform key project management activities such as milestone/activity tracking and activities implementation.
– Liaise, support and maintain cordial working relationships with all the project partners, project staff, stakeholders and participant.
– Generate all required project reports according to the required reporting periods and format
– Constantly monitor and report the project progress to the project lead to ensure proper project execution is within set timelines.
– Track project action items, document and follow up on all project deliverables for both internal and external communications.
– Manage project budget by recording all financial expenses, tracking budget usage and financial report preparation.
- Ability to swiftly visualize and conceptualize projects from beginning to the end
- Proven project management track record; three years of solid Project Management.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and schedule workload.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent report writing skills as well as knowledge of Project Logical Framework and OPPM One-Page Project Manager tool.
- Ability to build relationships across diverse actors, work independently, build trust and work efficiently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong partner and client focus.
- Eager and able to solve complex problems in a multidisciplinary context and focused on results
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on strict deadlines in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude and desire to drive change in the organization.
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep the project colleagues and other participants motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions when required.
- Project Budget Management: you will be expected to keep and manage each project budget. Microsoft Excel usage and manipulation is key.
- Analytic Skills: High need for analytic skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical project implementation. You will be analyzing data, results, feedback and making decisions that affect the projects on a regular basis.
- Experience in working in an entrepreneurship development and acceleration field will be a valued consideration.
Academic and Professional Requirements
– Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in business or technology.
– Project Management certification is an added advantage.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Interested Candidates should send their applications to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The application for this position is open as of 1st April, 2016. The deadline for receiving application is 9th April, 2016 at 4 p.m (13:00 GMT).